What do you want from life?
You’ve probably asked yourself this question a few times already.
Perhaps you want to spend more time with your family, get a more fulfilling and secure job, or improve your health. But why do you want those things?
Well, the chances are that your answer will come down to one thing: happiness.
We’re constantly bombarded with advice on how to find happiness.
In fact, research has shown that happiness is not always linked to well-being; sometimes, in fact, valuing happiness to an extreme is associated with major deressive disorder.
It is perfectly possible to be well without constantly being happy.
In order to be mentally well, we need to allow ourselves to feel all our feelings. When we ignore our feelings it creates a “boomerang” effect where the emotions will just come back later, and sometimes even stronger than they were before.
This is why allowing ourselves to feel what we’re feeling helps us move forward instead of getting stuck.
With each un-happy emotion, here are concrete strategies to maintain our wellness as we work through our feelings.
1. Anger: Journaling is a cathartic way to face and process whatever’s been pushing your buttons.
2. Exhaustion: Uplifting activities, such as listening to soulful and upbeat music, increase our energy when we’re feeling mentally and emotionally drained.
3. Loneliness: Connecting with loved ones even though Zoom is one great way to help when you are feeling lonely.
4. Stress and Anxiety: Declutter your desk and meditate for 5 minutes to clear your mind.
5. Frustration: Spend a few minutes taking care of another need you have: make a warm meal, wash your hair, get in a few hours of a shut-eye, and do a quick workout.
If this was helpful, head on to our website for more resources to help you boost and care for your mental health.
If you find that emotions cause distress and/or impact your functioning, it might be time to seek professional help. Therapists and psychiatrists create a safe environment for you to explore your emotions and help you find solutions to problems in your life.
For more helpful tips to improve your mental health and well-being, feel free to reach out and speak with our mental health coaches and licensed therapists.
We share free resources on tips for dealing with stress, anxiety, irrational thoughts in our blog. Additionally, we share tips and tools to help you maintain your mental health.
To check them out, click this link to read more helpful articles.
Here at Wellnite, we care about your mental health and well-being. We offer same-day doctor consultation, therapy, and medication all from the comfort of your own home! Your mental health is our priority. Our mission is to make high-quality mental healthcare affordable to everyone.
Our goal is to make mental healthcare accessible to all regardless of insurance coverage or zip code.
We believe that people who struggle with these conditions already go through enough. No one needs the extra challenge of facing off with our complex healthcare system.